We came together as a group because we knew three important things:
- Dementia is a growing concern in our community, and it's going to increase as baby boomers age.
- Dementia is a stressful, expensive, and emotionally draining disease for everyone.
- Although our community has many resources, they are fragmented and disconnected, which makes them hard to find.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to improve the lives of people affected by dementia by promoting better access to quality support and services through innovative community collaboration.
Our goals are to:
- Erase stigma so that people are comfortable seeking help.
- Empower caregivers to seek support and resources.
- Promote early and accurate diagnosis to preserve function and reduce stress.
- Ensure quality care, whether in the home or through community organizations.
- Advocate for policy and funding so that resources and support are widely available.
- Support research to slow the disease or find a cure.